No more 2023 Nebraska spring turkey permits are available to nonresidents. The quota of 10,000 permits has sold out.
Permits were available for purchase by nonresidents beginning Jan. 9, 2023. The last permit of the quota was purchased March 24.
The Nebraska Game and Parks Commission in 2022 made several changes to turkey hunting orders at the August 2022 meeting in response to a declining turkey population across the state. Those changes start with the 2023 spring season and include:
- A quota of 10,000 permits available for nonresidents. Youth and landowner permits are not included in this limit.
- All hunters now are required to report their turkey harvests via Telecheck.
- All hunters are limited to two permits in the spring and one in the fall.
- Fall season dates were changed to Oct. 1 to Nov. 30.
- The fall bag limit for all hunters is one turkey.
- All hunters are limited to harvesting no more than one bird per calendar day in the spring.
The fall turkey season permits will go on sale Aug. 14 at 1 p.m. Central time.
For more information on turkey hunting, read the Turkey Guide at digital.outdoornebraska.gov/i/1489064-turkey-guide-2023-web/0.