From the Missouri River to the Pine Ridge, every bit of Nebraska holds a new discovery. We welcome all photographers, no matter the age or skill level, to share with us your visions of Nebraska.
Open to all photographers, your photo entry in the contest qualifies you for the chance to be published in NEBRASKAland Magazine, as well as win great cash prizes from NEBRASKAland Magazine.
- Wildlife — wild mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, arthropods
- Scenic — in which landmarks, scenery or inanimate objects are prominent
- Recreation — people enjoying the outdoors through hunting, fishing, hiking, backpacking, skiing or other outdoor activities
- Flora — wildflowers, foliage, fruiting bodies or other parts of plants
- Open to those age 17 and under and not broken down by category
Note: Entrants must choose a category for each photo, but judges may recategorize entries.
Do not send: Prints, transparencies, negatives, subscription orders, checks or correspondence.
Number of entries: One entry per category, per person.
Winning entries will be announced in the January 2018 issue of NEBRASKAland Magazine. A selection of entries may appear in a slideshow at Nebraskalandmagazine.com and via social media.
Reader’s Choice: The Reader’s Choice award will be judged by the general public after NEBRASKAland Magazine staff place the finalists of the Contest at Nebraskalandmagazine.com from November 16th to November 30th, with the winner for this category announced in the January 2018 issue of NEBRASKAland Magazine. There is a limit of one vote per person per day.
Voters must create an account. Once logged in voters may vote for their favorite photo – there is a limit of one vote per person per day.
- Grand prize — $300 for best overall photo
- Reader choice — $200 for reader’s choice winner
- First place — $150 for each category
- Second place — $100 for each category
- Third place — $50 for each category
- First place — $50
Judges reserve the right to decide whether a category merits any or all awards.
How to Enter
How to Enter
All images must be submitted via the entry form below. Complete all required fields, including name, email and other information about the photo submission. Images sent any other way, including via mail or email, will not be accepted. Parents/guardians will be required to digitally sign the submission forms for the Youth category.
All photographs must be in digital JPEG or JPG formats and have a resolution of at least 8 megapixels to be made available upon request. Images not meeting this standard may be disqualified from the Contest at the judges’ sole discretion. Entries containing a watermark will not be accepted.
Online photo entries can be uploaded starting 12:01 am CST on October 1, 2017.
Deadline for submitting entries is 11:59 pm CST on November 1, 2017.
Voting for the reader’s choice award will be open from November 16th to November 30th.