From the Missouri River to the Pine Ridge, every bit of Nebraska holds a new discovery. We welcome all photographers, no matter the age or skill level, to share with us your visions of Nebraska.
Open to all photographers, your photo entry in the contest qualifies you for the chance to be published in NEBRASKAland Magazine, as well as win great cash prizes from NEBRASKAland Magazine.
- Wildlife — wild mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, arthropods
- Scenic — in which landmarks, scenery or inanimate objects are prominent
- Recreation — people enjoying the outdoors through hunting, fishing, hiking, backpacking, skiing or other outdoor activities
- Flora — wildflowers, foliage, fruiting bodies or other parts of plants
- Open to those age 17 and under and not broken down by category
Note: Entrants must choose a category for each photo, but judges may recategorize entries.
Do not send: Prints, transparencies, negatives, subscription orders, checks or correspondence.
Number of entries: One entry per category, per person.
Reader’s Choice: The Reader’s Choice award will be judged by the general public after NEBRASKAland Magazine staff place the finalists of the Contest at Nebraskalandmagazine.com from September 19 – October 14, 2016, with the winner for this category announced in the December, 2016 issue of NEBRASKAland Magazine. There is a limit of one vote per person per day.
- Grand prize — $300 for best overall photo
- Reader choice — $200 for reader’s choice winner
- First place — $150 for each category
- Second place — $100 for each category
- Third place — $50 for each category
- First place — $50
Judges reserve the right to decide whether a category merits any or all awards.
How to Enter
How to Enter
All photographs must be in digital JPEG or JPG formats and have a resolution of at least 8 megapixels to be made available upon request. Images not meeting this standard may be disqualified from the Contest at the judges’ sole discretion. Entries containing a watermark will not be accepted.
Winners will be contacted by September 15, 2016 and asked to supplement their submission (such as a paragraph about their photo and/or the highest resolution version of their photo).