LINCOLN – Pheasants Forever and the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission will host prescribed burn training workshops for landowners across the state in the coming weeks.
These workshops are for beginning to intermediate burners and cover fire behavior, proper equipment and safety techniques, as well as ways to plan for burns to minimize risk. All workshops are scheduled for 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
The workshop schedule is:
– Jan. 15 – Lincoln, University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) Extension Office, 444 Cherry Creek Road
– Jan 20 – Hay Springs, United Methodist Church, 340 Miller St.
– Jan. 21 – Scottsbluff, North Platte Natural Resources District, 100547 Airport Road
– Jan. 27 – North Platte, North Platte Community College, 1101 Halligan Drive
– Jan. 28 – Grand Island, UNL Extension Office, 3180 W. U.S. Hwy. 34
– Feb. 4 – Norfolk, Northeast Community College, Lifelong Learning Center, 801 E. Benjamin Ave.
The $10 workshop fee includes lunch and training materials. To register, visit NebraskaPF.com or call 308-850-8395.