LINCOLN – Women looking for new adventures or a fun-filled weekend with friends and family can find what they’re looking for in Beyond Becoming an Outdoors-Woman (BOW) activities in Nebraska.
BOW teaches outdoor skills to women of all ages and levels of experience in a fun, welcoming environment. Beyond BOW workshops provide participants the next step, with an opportunity to hone those skills while surrounded by like-minded individuals in the beautiful setting of a Nebraska state park or recreation area. Expert instructors provide one-on-one instruction to participants.
Activities will take place across the state throughout the summer. They include:
• June 17, Platte River Canoeing Trip, Schramm Park State Recreation Area, Gretna: This trip is designed for experienced canoers.
• June 18 – 19, Overnight Backpacking, Indian Cave State Park (SP), Shubert: Participants will learn all aspects of planning for and carrying out a great backpacking trip.
• Wednesdays in July and August, Women’s Summer Shooting Series, various locations: Activities include trapshooting and shotgun and rifle shooting.
• July 15 – 16, Niobrara/Missouri River Kayak Weekend, Niobrara SP, Niobrara: This trip is designed for experienced kayakers.
• July 23, Beginning Kayaking, Lake Wanahoo SRA, Wahoo: This three-hour workshop will cover basic skills, safety and other introductory knowledge.
• July 30, Ladies’ Day at the Range, Weeping Water Gun Club, Weeping Water: Under the guidance of experienced instructors, women of all experience levels will have the opportunity to shoot a variety of firearms and archery equipment.
All of the events require women be at least 18 years of age. For more information or to register, visit NebraskaBOW.com.